History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

School and Attached House

A Grade II Listed Building in Warslow and Elkstones, Staffordshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1242 / 53°7'27"N

Longitude: -1.8719 / 1°52'18"W

OS Eastings: 408669

OS Northings: 358568

OS Grid: SK086585

Mapcode National: GBR 361.1L9

Mapcode Global: WHCDJ.6QWS

Plus Code: 9C5W44FH+M6

Entry Name: School and Attached House

Listing Date: 15 March 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1226958

English Heritage Legacy ID: 424168

Location: Warslow and Elkstones, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, SK17

County: Staffordshire

Civil Parish: Warslow and Elkstones

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Warslow with Elkstone

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Warslow

Description

SK 05 NE
4/158

WARSLOW AND ELKSTONES C.P.
WARSLOW
School and attached house.
II
School and house. Dated 1788 with early to mid C19 additions. Coursed and squared rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings; stone slate and clay tile roofs with coped verges; ashlar integral end stacks. Gothic style in part. In two main parts; two storey school to left and slightly lower two storey house to right.

School: 1:3 windows; slightly projecting gabled wing to left and main range to right; wing has a single storey lean-to extension to the front with triple lancet window above; main range has a two-light mullioned window to ground floor right and single light windows to ground floor left and centre; first floor has double pointed window to left and tall two-light windows to centre and right.

House: two windows, mullioned, that to ground floor right has two lights, that to first floor right has two lights, that to first floor left one light; half glazed door to left; blocked door to centre with partly obscured inscription above: "......... erected ............ Year 17 ........ by Thomas Green 1788".

Listing NGR: SK0866958568

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.