This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3815 / 53°22'53"N
Longitude: -2.48 / 2°28'48"W
OS Eastings: 368164
OS Northings: 387289
OS Grid: SJ681872
Mapcode National: GBR CY3B.WK
Mapcode Global: WH98S.W86J
Entry Name: The Bridgewater Canal, Covered Canal Dock (North of Henry Street)
Listing Date: 21 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1227405
English Heritage Legacy ID: 425154
Location: Lymm, Warrington, WA13
Civil Parish: Lymm
Built-Up Area: Lymm
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Lymm St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 68 NW THE BRIDGEWATER CANAL
1/35 Covered Canal Dock
(north of Henry Street)
Covered Canal Dock circa 1770, probably by James Brindley, of local
brown brick. Round-arched opening to canal with simple brick face
gives entry to a dock circa 25 metres by 3 metres, with barrel-vaulted
roof. Brick plinth about 0.5 metre above water level, with rear end semi-
circular in plan; immediately behind the rear of the dock the tunnel was
later closed by a brick wall with a sandstone block slotted, apparently,
to accommodate mooring tackle.
The dock is stated to have been used for supplying a coal-yard on land
since redeveloped at its south end.
Listing NGR: SJ6876886668
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings