This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0784 / 53°4'42"N
Longitude: -1.1926 / 1°11'33"W
OS Eastings: 454181
OS Northings: 353768
OS Grid: SK541537
Mapcode National: GBR 8G4.58T
Mapcode Global: WHDG5.NW8D
Entry Name: Sundial on North Side of Cloister Garth
Listing Date: 27 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1227517
English Heritage Legacy ID: 425358
Location: Newstead, Gedling, Nottinghamshire, NG15
Civil Parish: Newstead
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Ravenshead
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
NEWSTEAD NEWSTEAD PARK
SK 55 SW
1/103 Sundial on north
side of Cloister
Sundial, 1856. Ashlar, marble and bronze. Square plinth of 2
steps. Round stem with moulded base. Re-set marble capital with
bronze dial inscribed 'This piece of marble, the capital of one
of the smaller Columns of the Temple of Venus at the Piraeus
Athens, Presented to Miss F. Webb by Captain T. W. Goie 3rd.
Regt. October 1856'. Signed 'Osmond, Sarum.' Gnomon renewed
late C20. Included for group value only.
Listing NGR: SK5418153768
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings