This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3209 / 53°19'15"N
Longitude: -2.1441 / 2°8'38"W
OS Eastings: 390495
OS Northings: 380449
OS Grid: SJ904804
Mapcode National: GBR FZG1.L8
Mapcode Global: WHBB9.1S8H
Entry Name: Statue of Napoleon, 5 Metres from South East Corner of Adlington Hall
Listing Date: 6 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1234171
English Heritage Legacy ID: 58190
Location: Adlington, Cheshire East, SK10
County: Cheshire East
Civil Parish: Adlington
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Prestbury St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 98 SW ADLINGTON C.P. MILL LANE
3/24 Statue of Napoleon, 5m
from south east corner
of Adlington Hall.
Statue of Napoleon: dated 1837 by George Turner for Mrs Erskine but
moved from north front to here in 1929. Ashlar buff sandstone. Low
square pier carved to look like masonry has a moulded band above which
is a block with raised panels reading "Napoleon, This statue done in
stone taken from the quarry at Styperson was presented to the
Hon Mrs Erskine May 28th 1837 by George Turner, the Sculptor". On top
is a standing figure of Napoleon, hand in tunic.
Mrs Erskine was the remarried widow of Thomas Legh VI.
Listing NGR: SJ9049580449
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings