This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0245 / 52°1'28"N
Longitude: -2.2371 / 2°14'13"W
OS Eastings: 383825
OS Northings: 236256
OS Grid: SO838362
Mapcode National: GBR 1J7.56T
Mapcode Global: VH93L.5CNW
Plus Code: 9C4V2QF7+Q4
Entry Name: Church of Saint Mary
Listing Date: 25 March 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1238836
English Heritage Legacy ID: 416376
Location: Longdon, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, GL20
District: Malvern Hills
Civil Parish: Longdon
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Longdon
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 83 NW LONGDON LONGDON VILLAGE (B4211)
Church of Saint Mary
Church with c1300 West tower, nave 1787 by William Marshall and chancel 1868 by Rev A
C Lefrey. Tower blue lias stone 3 stage with Y tracery single bell openings, a North
side stair turret and recessed octagonal spire with corner pinnacles. Moulded tower
arch to nave. Nave rendered and lined as ashlar with ashlar dressings to South side.
Slate low pitched roof. Stone plinth, quoins to angles and projecting centre bay,
cornice, parapet over centre bay and coping. Stone surrounds to central Venetian
window and to 2 large arched windows. Leaded lights. Painted brick rear wall. 1868
blue lias stone South porch with slate roof. Neo-Norman South door.
Chancel blue lias stone, Neo-Norman, apsed with slate roof. One south window, 5 apse
Nave interior has Ionic half-columns on pedestals flanking centre Venetian window on
South side and corresponding recess opposite. Moulded plaster cornice and impost band
to central window and recess. Neo-Norman chancel arch and furnishings to chancel.
In nave a brass to W Bridges d 1523 and his wife and good c1794 wall monument to the
Parket family by W Stephens. Late C18 pulpit with tester. Stained glass: 5 windows
of c1875, apse centre window c1945 by Powells.
Listing NGR: SO8382536256
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings