This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.8295 / 50°49'46"N
Longitude: 0.0192 / 0°1'9"E
OS Eastings: 542302
OS Northings: 105271
OS Grid: TQ423052
Mapcode National: GBR KQG.ZN4
Mapcode Global: FRA B6XX.598
Plus Code: 9F22R2H9+QM
Entry Name: The Parish Church
Listing Date: 20 August 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1239384
English Heritage Legacy ID: 417244
Location: Southease, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Southease
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Southease St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
The Parish Church
TQ 40 NW 14/426 20.8.65.
Church of England. Dedication unknown. This is one of the 3 churches in the
Ouse valley with a circular C12 tower (see also Piddinghoe). Chancel, nave
and west tower with shingled spire. The chancel and nave C11. Together they
form the nave of the original building, of which the chancel and the transepts
were demolished in the C14, and have only been divided by the insertion of
a modern pointed wooden chancel arch. Remains of mural paintings of 1280 circa
on north and west walls.
Listing NGR: TQ4230305271
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings