History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Pillar Box Approx. 87 Metres East-South-East of Bandstand

A Grade II Listed Building in Stanley, County Durham

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.8888 / 54°53'19"N

Longitude: -1.66 / 1°39'35"W

OS Eastings: 421910

OS Northings: 554950

OS Grid: NZ219549

Mapcode National: GBR JCVX.F9

Mapcode Global: WHC43.GDS0

Entry Name: Pillar Box Approx. 87 Metres East-South-East of Bandstand

Listing Date: 21 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1240810

English Heritage Legacy ID: 439357

Location: Urpeth, County Durham, DH9

County: County Durham

Civil Parish: Stanley

Traditional County: Durham

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham

Church of England Parish: West Pelton

Church of England Diocese: Durham

Find accommodation in
Beamish Station

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 15/07/17


NZ 25 SW,
8/154

STANLEY,
BEAMISH MUSEUM,
Pillar box approx. 87 metres east-south-east of Bandstand

(Formerly listed as: Pillar box c.2 metres west of entrance to museum)

II

Pillar box. Between 1872 and 1879. Gift c.1960 from G.P.O. Octagonal box of
third Penfold type; plinth with moulded coping; high band with slot flanked by
POST and OFFICE; moulded cornice; leaf-decorated low ogee top with bud finial,
VR monogram below frame for list of collection times. Founder's name on plinth;
Cochrane and Co., Dudley.


Listing NGR: NZ2191054950

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 15/07/17


NZ 25 SW,
8/154

STANLEY,
BEAMISH MUSEUM,
Pillar box approx. 87 metres east-south-east of Bandstand

(Formerly listed as: Pillar box c.2 metres west of entrance to museum)

II

Pillar box. Between 1872 and 1879. Gift c.1960 from G.P.O. Octagonal box of
third Penfold type; plinth with moulded coping; high band with slot flanked by
POST and OFFICE; moulded cornice; leaf-decorated low ogee top with bud finial,
VR monogram below frame for list of collection times. Founder's name on plinth;
Cochrane and Co., Dudley.


Listing NGR: NZ2191054950

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.