This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8328 / 52°49'57"N
Longitude: -1.2188 / 1°13'7"W
OS Eastings: 452724
OS Northings: 326422
OS Grid: SK527264
Mapcode National: GBR 8K0.JMS
Mapcode Global: WHDHJ.72V5
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 12 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1242472
English Heritage Legacy ID: 441872
Location: West Leake, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, LE12
Civil Parish: West Leake
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: West Leake
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
WEST LEAKE MAIN STREET
SK 52 NW
4/137 The Old Rectory
Rectory, now 2 houses. 1723. Altered early C19 and C20. Red
brick and render. Plain tile roof. 2 rendered gable stacks.
Brick coped gables with kneelers, now rendered. Wooden cornice
decorated with pendants. First floor band. Double depth plan.
2 storeys plus garret, 5 bays. Ground floor front encased in C20
red brick with render to first floor. Gabled brick and slate
porch with single glazing bar sash to the front and doorway in
the right wall with panelled door. Inner part glazed.door. To
the left is a doorway with panelled door and overlight and
further left a low glazing bar sash. To the right are 2 similar
sashes, all under segmental arches. Above are 5 glazing bar
sashes, to the right of that third right is a single small
pivotal glazing bar casement. Attached to the left is a similar
2 storey, single bay wing with slate roof, hipped to the left.
Single segmental arched low glazing bar sash with single blind
recessed panel above. Attached to the right is a single storey
single bay late C20 red brick wing with single glazing bar fixed
light with wooden panel under. Rear has an early C19 bow window
set onto a plinth with conical roof and single tripartite glazing
bar sash. To the right is a lean-to and further right 2 glazing
bar sashes. Above the lean-to is a single glazing bar cross
casement with single small glazing bar casement to the right, and
on the far left a single similar casement. Above is a single
similar cross casement, both these lighting the staircase. West
wall with lead down pipe with decorated brackets, said to be the
emblem of the Stanhope family. Rainwater head dated 1723.
Interior has a dogleg staircase with turned balusters and stone
flagged floor to hall. Included for group value only.
Listing NGR: SK5272426422
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings