This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.2315 / 51°13'53"N
Longitude: -0.778 / 0°46'40"W
OS Eastings: 485414
OS Northings: 148747
OS Grid: SU854487
Mapcode National: GBR D9Y.N43
Mapcode Global: VHDY2.G9JR
Plus Code: 9C3X66JC+JQ
Entry Name: Weybourne House
Listing Date: 26 April 1950
Last Amended: 29 December 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1243152
English Heritage Legacy ID: 446698
Location: Farnham, Waverley, Surrey, GU9
Civil Parish: Farnham
Built-Up Area: Aldershot
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Badshot Lea and Hale
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 84 NE 12/137
(Formerly listed under Weybourne)
Dated 1724 on rainwater head. 2 storeys, red brick on projecting plinth with moulded capping, moulded string at 1st floor level and moulded and denticulated brick cornice over the 1st floor windows returning on itself and allowing space for symmetrical flanking cast lead rainwater heads; right hand one now only remains. Panelled parapet with moulded coping and hipped old tile roof. The centre bay of the front projects slightly and is built of red rubber brick. The centre panel of the parapet is segmental - headed and recessed with moulded brick surround flanked by small fluted pilasters with moulded caps and fluted frieze block over pilasters and the coping broken forward. There are 5 segmental-headed windows on the 1st floor with architrave frames, moulded brick cills and small raised aprons, the centre window in the projecting bay had a bolection moulded brick architrave. There are 4 similar windows without cills on the ground floor, and an 8-panelled central door in segmental-headed architrave frame. The carved brick doorcase has engaged Doric columns with egg and tongue caps supporting an entablature the architrave of which is arched over the door-head with a projecting key block carried up through the frieze with the cornice breaking forward in a curved projection. The frieze is fluted over the columns and the cornice is moulded and denticualted. The whole entablature bows forward over the columns. There is a plain brick extension to the left hand with an old tiled roof and 2 windows on the 1st and ground floors. To the right hand there is 1 plain bay of the same design as the main front but with a moulded string at cornice level. The south front is of similar design with 4 similar windows and central panelled chimney with the parapet swept up on either side. The main front is set back with lime trees along the road. It has had rails but these have been removed. Weybourne House was the home of J H Knight, the Inventor.
Listing NGR: SU8541448747
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings