History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

27-31, St Sepulchre Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Scarborough, North Yorkshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.2841 / 54°17'2"N

Longitude: -0.3942 / 0°23'39"W

OS Eastings: 504638

OS Northings: 488798

OS Grid: TA046887

Mapcode National: GBR TLPX.G0

Mapcode Global: WHGC0.XLG2

Entry Name: 27-31, St Sepulchre Street

Listing Date: 8 June 1973

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1243199

English Heritage Legacy ID: 446818

Location: Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11

County: North Yorkshire

District: Scarborough

Town: Scarborough

Electoral Ward/Division: Castle

Built-Up Area: Scarborough

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Scarborough St Mary

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Scarborough

Listing Text

ST SEPULCHRE STREET
1.
1605
(South Side)
Nos 27 to 31 (odd)
TA 0488 4/330

II GV


2.
Circa 1820 group of 3 houses. 3 storeys red brick on stone plinth - No 27 painted.
Eaves board with paired brackets to gable end pantile roof. 2 windows each to
upper floors, those to left hand blocked on No 27, one each on ground floor -
flush framed sashes, later glazing, with flat stucco arches. No 27 has former
early to mid C19 shop window of 5 small thin mullioned lights and panelled and
glazed door all in pilaster frame with frieze but no cornice. House doors of
Nos 27 and 29 paired in reeded pilaster frames with common frieze and shallow
moulded cornice. No 31 has similar doorcase and retains door of 6 fielded panels
with rectangular fanlight - to left is a round arched passage entrance. Listed
for group value.

All the listed buildings on the South Side from Nos 21 to 31 (odd) including
Trinity House, form a group.


Listing NGR: TA0463888798

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

ST SEPULCHRE STREET
1.
1605
(South Side)
Nos 27 to 31 (odd)
TA 0488 4/330

II GV


2.
Circa 1820 group of 3 houses. 3 storeys red brick on stone plinth - No 27 painted.
Eaves board with paired brackets to gable end pantile roof. 2 windows each to
upper floors, those to left hand blocked on No 27, one each on ground floor -
flush framed sashes, later glazing, with flat stucco arches. No 27 has former
early to mid C19 shop window of 5 small thin mullioned lights and panelled and
glazed door all in pilaster frame with frieze but no cornice. House doors of
Nos 27 and 29 paired in reeded pilaster frames with common frieze and shallow
moulded cornice. No 31 has similar doorcase and retains door of 6 fielded panels
with rectangular fanlight - to left is a round arched passage entrance. Listed
for group value.

All the listed buildings on the South Side from Nos 21 to 31 (odd) including
Trinity House, form a group.


Listing NGR: TA0463888798

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.