History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Mixenden Congregational Chapel

A Grade II Listed Building in Warley, Calderdale

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7486 / 53°44'55"N

Longitude: -1.918 / 1°55'4"W

OS Eastings: 405506

OS Northings: 428033

OS Grid: SE055280

Mapcode National: GBR HT12.KY

Mapcode Global: WHB8G.H1XK

Entry Name: Mixenden Congregational Chapel

Listing Date: 29 April 1982

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1243460

English Heritage Legacy ID: 446339

Location: Calderdale, HX2

County: Calderdale

Electoral Ward/Division: Warley

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Mount Pellon Christ Church

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Sowerby Bridge

Listing Text

1. MOOR END
5112 Mixenden Congregational Chapel

SE 02 NE 4/421

II GV

2.
An early site dating back to the late C17. First chapel of 1717 enlarged 1810 and
rebuilt 1836 in present form. 2 storeys gritstone "brick" with simple ashlar trim.
Pediment gabled with stone slate roof 3 bay front originally had 2 doorways flanking
centre window, subsequently altered to central doorway with cornice on consoles and
flanking windows, the 1st floor squared jamb windows probably lengthened at the same
time. Plain squared surround windows to 4 bay side. Small annexe to south east side
with sundial and oval window. Interior repaired 1890, gallery on cast iron columns to
3 sides. Organ loft recess.


Listing NGR: SE0550628033

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

1. MOOR END
5112 Mixenden Congregational Chapel

SE 02 NE 4/421

II GV

2.
An early site dating back to the late C17. First chapel of 1717 enlarged 1810 and
rebuilt 1836 in present form. 2 storeys gritstone "brick" with simple ashlar trim.
Pediment gabled with stone slate roof 3 bay front originally had 2 doorways flanking
centre window, subsequently altered to central doorway with cornice on consoles and
flanking windows, the 1st floor squared jamb windows probably lengthened at the same
time. Plain squared surround windows to 4 bay side. Small annexe to south east side
with sundial and oval window. Interior repaired 1890, gallery on cast iron columns to
3 sides. Organ loft recess.


Listing NGR: SE0550628033

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.