This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.98 / 52°58'47"N
Longitude: -0.9671 / 0°58'1"W
OS Eastings: 469448
OS Northings: 343014
OS Grid: SK694430
Mapcode National: GBR BL8.2BV
Mapcode Global: WHFJ0.3CRB
Plus Code: 9C4XX2HM+X5
Entry Name: Old Manor House
Listing Date: 14 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1243673
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241784
Location: East Bridgford, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG13
Civil Parish: East Bridgford
Built-Up Area: East Bridgford
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: East Bridgford
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
EAST BRIDGFORD COLLEGE STREET
(north west side)
11/40 No.1(Old Manor
Farmhouse. Early C16, early C18 and early C19. Renovated c.1932.
Timber framing, coursed rubble and brick. Hipped and gabled
plain and pantile roofs. Rendered plinth, cogged eaves, single
coped gable. 2 ridge, single side wall and single gable stacks.
2 storeys plus garrets, 3 bays. L-plan. Windows are C20 sashes,
mostly leaded, and glazing bar sashes. Garden side has to left,
single storey outbuilding, 3 bays, brick with pantile roof, mid
C19, with French window. To its right, a door and a casement.
Glazed door in return angle. To right again, 2 casements.
Above, 2 smaller casements. South west front has projecting
hipped wing to left. Mid C20 bay window with slate roof and a
casement. To right, gabled brick doorcase, mid C20, with glazed
door, flanked to left by a casement and to right by a French
window with flanking lights. Casement in return angle. Above, 2
casements. Street side has 2 unequal gables. To right, large
sash with segmental head. Above, to left, dummy sash and to its
right, a smaller casement. Beyond, sash with segmental head.
Above again, to left, small sash. Rear elevation has to left,
sash with segmental head. To right, canted leaded bay window
with porch hood, 3 sashes and door in return angle. Above, to
right, small casement and a sash. To right again, outbuilding
has a door at each end. North east gable has a square hatch.
North west wing has 2 panels of close studded timber framing with
single arch brace. 2 complete bay posts and remains of 4 more.
Tie beams, one chamfered and with stops. Principal rafter roof
with single purlin and curved wind braces. Chamfered fireplace
bressumer with one stop. Small remnant of stud partition.
Remnant of late C17 framed panelling and early C17 chip carved
overmantel. Early C18 wing has chamfered oak span beam with
stops, and chamfered softwood span beams. Fireplace bressumer
with a wall post at each end. Softwood principal rafter roof
with struts and collars. This house was altered and refenestrated
from 1932 onwards and was renamed Old Manor House during this
Listing NGR: SK6944843014
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings