This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.0078 / 53°0'28"N
Longitude: -0.9008 / 0°54'2"W
OS Eastings: 473852
OS Northings: 346173
OS Grid: SK738461
Mapcode National: GBR BKZ.F2F
Mapcode Global: WHFHV.4N9J
Entry Name: Stables with Adjoining Forge, Water Pump and Boundary Wall at Flintham Hall
Listing Date: 28 November 1972
Last Amended: 14 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1243778
English Heritage Legacy ID: 448093
Location: Flintham, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG23
Civil Parish: Flintham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Flintham
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
FLINTHAM FLINTHAM HALL PARK
Stables with adjoining
7/69 forge, water pump and
boundary wall at Flintham
Hall (formerly listed as
28.11.72 Outbuildings at Flintham
Stables, forge, water pump and boundary wall. c.1829 and mid
C19. By Lewis Wyatt. Brick with hipped and gabled slate roofs.
Partly rendered. Rendered plinths. 7 ridge stacks. 7 bays wide
by 10 bays deep. C-plan. Windows are mainly glazing bar sashes.
Most openings have segmental heads. South west end has re-sited
ashlar doorcase, late C17, with eared architrave, scroll brackets
and broken pediment. From Winestead Hall. North west range has
to left, 4 sashes alternating with 3 doors. To right, 3 pairs of
carriage doors. Beyond, a door and a sash. North east range has
pedimented 2 storey central bay with elliptical headed carriage
opening and pair of close boarded doors. On each side, a door
flanked by single sashes. To right, timber cased lead pump with
cranked handle and half-round stone trough. Cistern inscribed "H
1820". Above, 2 blank openings and above them, clock. Above
again, octagonal cupola with elliptical headed openings, ogee
lead dome and wind vane. South east range has to left, a pair of
garage doors flanked by single sashes. To right, a blocked door
and a sash. To right again, round headed opening. Adjoining
forge, 5 bays, has an off-centre pair of doors with elliptical
heads. To right, casement flanked by single doors. At each end,
a larger casement. Interior has forge hearth and bellows.
Adjoining boundary wall, brick with slab coping, L-plan, has 3
square piers with ashlar caps. Approx. 60M long.
Listing NGR: SK7385246173
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings