History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

St Martin's Gardens (Recreation Ground) wrought-iron gates

A Grade II Listed Building in Camden Town with Primrose Hill, London

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5392 / 51°32'21"N

Longitude: -0.1389 / 0°8'20"W

OS Eastings: 529166

OS Northings: 183897

OS Grid: TQ291838

Mapcode National: GBR D2.ZD

Mapcode Global: VHGQS.JKXX

Entry Name: St Martin's Gardens (Recreation Ground) wrought-iron gates

Listing Date: 14 May 1974

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1244165

English Heritage Legacy ID: 476834

Location: Camden, London, NW1

County: London

District: Camden

Electoral Ward/Division: Camden Town with Primrose Hill

Parish: Non Civil Parish

Built-Up Area: Camden

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: St Pancras Old Church

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Highgate

Listing Text


CAMDEN

TQ2983NW CAMDEN STREET
798-1/77/164 St Martin's Gardens (Recreation
14/05/74 Ground) wrought-iron gates

GV II

Includes: St Martin's Gardens (Recreation Ground) PRATT
STREET.
Pair of wrought-iron gates. Early C19 with C20 additions.
Gates with scroll design; overthrow with lettering "St
Martins" in wrought-iron.
HISTORICAL NOTE: formerly St Martin-in-the-Fields Burial
Ground, consecrated 1805, closed 1856; opened as public
gardens 24 July 1889 by the Countess of Rosebery who also
unveiled a monument to Charles Dibdin (qv). Pratt Street
entrance originally with cast-iron gates with posts surmounted
by Greek urns, removed post 1974.


CAMDEN

TQ2983NW PRATT STREET
798-1/77/164 St Martin's Gardens (Recreation
14/05/74 Ground)

GV II

See under: St Martin's Gardens (Recreation Ground)
wrought-iron gates CAMDEN STREET.

Listing NGR: TQ2914883758

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

TQ2983NW
798-1/77/164

CAMDEN
CAMDEN STREET
St Martin's Gardens (Recreation Ground) wrought-iron gates

14/05/74

GV
II
Includes: St Martin's Gardens (Recreation Ground) PRATT STREET. Pair of wrought-iron gates. Early C19 with C20 additions. Gates with scroll design; overthrow with lettering "St Martins" in wrought-iron.

HISTORICAL NOTE: formerly St Martin-in-the-Fields Burial Ground, consecrated 1805, closed 1856; opened as public gardens 24 July 1889 by the Countess of Rosebery who also unveiled a monument to Charles Dibdin (qv). Pratt Street entrance originally with cast-iron gates with posts surmounted by Greek urns, removed post 1974.
Listing NGR: TQ2916683897

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.