History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Statue of Lion to West of Combe Bank

A Grade II Listed Building in Sundridge with Ide Hill, Kent

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2819 / 51°16'54"N

Longitude: 0.121 / 0°7'15"E

OS Eastings: 548016

OS Northings: 155770

OS Grid: TQ480557

Mapcode National: GBR LLJ.FF3

Mapcode Global: VHHPR.11SN

Entry Name: Statue of Lion to West of Combe Bank

Listing Date: 25 April 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1244291

English Heritage Legacy ID: 449219

Location: Sundridge with Ide Hill, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14

County: Kent

District: Sevenoaks

Civil Parish: Sundridge with Ide Hill

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Church of England Parish: Sundridge St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Rochester

Find accommodation in
Westerham

Listing Text

TQ 4855 SUNDRIDGE COMBE BANK ROAD
Combe Bank

32/10027 Statue of Lion to west
of Combe Bank

GV II

Garden statue. C18 Portland stone copy of a pair of lions erected at the end of the exedra of
Chiswick House 1738-9. Recumbent lion set on oval plinth. Much weathered. This statue is
shown in a lithograph of the 1830s or 1840s on a terrace wall to the north of Combe Bank.
It was probably moved in the 1930s when Combe Bank became a school and a classroom block
was added to the north of the house.


Listing NGR: TQ4801655770

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

TQ 4855 SUNDRIDGE COMBE BANK ROAD
Combe Bank

32/10027 Statue of Lion to west
of Combe Bank

GV II

Garden statue. C18 Portland stone copy of a pair of lions erected at the end of the exedra of
Chiswick House 1738-9. Recumbent lion set on oval plinth. Much weathered. This statue is
shown in a lithograph of the 1830s or 1840s on a terrace wall to the north of Combe Bank.
It was probably moved in the 1930s when Combe Bank became a school and a classroom block
was added to the north of the house.


Listing NGR: TQ4801655770

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.