History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Deerpark

A Grade II Listed Building in Felbridge, Surrey

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1439 / 51°8'37"N

Longitude: -0.0429 / 0°2'34"W

OS Eastings: 536995

OS Northings: 140108

OS Grid: TQ369401

Mapcode National: GBR KLQ.7YR

Mapcode Global: VHGSS.6HNZ

Entry Name: Deerpark

Listing Date: 7 September 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1244345

English Heritage Legacy ID: 449386

Location: Felbridge, Tandridge, Surrey, RH19

County: Surrey

District: Tandridge

Civil Parish: Felbridge

Built-Up Area: East Grinstead

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Felbridge St John

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Find accommodation in
Felbridge

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 05/12/2014


TQ 34 SE
188-/9/10003


FELBRIDGE,
LONDON ROAD,
Deerpark

(Formerly listed as Stonewall, EAST BOURNE ROAD (off))

GV II

Former kennels, later lodge, then house. Built in 1916 by Edwin Lutyens as kennels to Felbridge Place. The new main house was never built but the kennels and stables were. In the style of a classical temple and influenced by Soane's barns 'a la Paestum'. Built of sandstone blocks with hipped Horsham stone slates and sandstone chimneystacks. L-shaped building of one storey with 4 casement windows with leaded lights. Tuscan colonnade to front.


Listing NGR: TQ3699540108

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 05/12/2014


TQ 34 SE
188-/9/10003


FELBRIDGE,
LONDON ROAD,
Deerpark

(Formerly listed as Stonewall, EAST BOURNE ROAD (off))

GV II

Former kennels, later lodge, then house. Built in 1916 by Edwin Lutyens as kennels to Felbridge Place. The new main house was never built but the kennels and stables were. In the style of a classical temple and influenced by Soane's barns 'a la Paestum'. Built of sandstone blocks with hipped Horsham stone slates and sandstone chimneystacks. L-shaped building of one storey with 4 casement windows with leaded lights. Tuscan colonnade to front.


Listing NGR: TQ3699540108

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.