History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

2 and 4, Redington Road

A Grade II* Listed Building in Frognal and Fitzjohns, London

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5562 / 51°33'22"N

Longitude: -0.1837 / 0°11'1"W

OS Eastings: 526010

OS Northings: 185712

OS Grid: TQ260857

Mapcode National: GBR D0.LC8

Mapcode Global: VHGQR.R4QT

Entry Name: 2 and 4, Redington Road

Listing Date: 25 January 1963

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1245497

English Heritage Legacy ID: 477838

Location: Camden, London, NW3

County: London

District: Camden

Electoral Ward/Division: Frognal and Fitzjohns

Built-Up Area: Camden

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: St John Hampstead

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Hampstead

Listing Text


CAMDEN

TQ2685NW REDINGTON ROAD
798-1/26/1376 (North side)
25/01/63 Nos.2 AND 4

II*

Pair of semi-detached cottages. 1876. By Philip Webb. For
William Chisholm. Built by Ashby Brothers. Yellow stock brick
ground floor; 1st floor tile hung. Hipped tiled roof with
gabled tile hung dormers, tall slab chimney-stacks and
overhanging eaves. 2 storeys and attics. 2 windows each.
Recessed porches with 5-ring brick arches over. Ground floor
4-light canted bay windows with brick pilasters and cornice;
No.4 with pediment. Recessed sashes, 1st floor with louvred
shutters.
INTERIORS: not inspected but both noted to retain original
stairs with winders, newels and balustrades. Some original
fireplaces with wood overmantels and cast-iron grates; No.2
dining room fireplace with original painted tiles.

Listing NGR: TQ2601585714

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


CAMDEN

TQ2685NW REDINGTON ROAD
798-1/26/1376 (North side)
25/01/63 Nos.2 AND 4

II*

Pair of semi-detached cottages. 1876. By Philip Webb. For
William Chisholm. Built by Ashby Brothers. Yellow stock brick
ground floor; 1st floor tile hung. Hipped tiled roof with
gabled tile hung dormers, tall slab chimney-stacks and
overhanging eaves. 2 storeys and attics. 2 windows each.
Recessed porches with 5-ring brick arches over. Ground floor
4-light canted bay windows with brick pilasters and cornice;
No.4 with pediment. Recessed sashes, 1st floor with louvred
shutters.
INTERIORS: not inspected but both noted to retain original
stairs with winders, newels and balustrades. Some original
fireplaces with wood overmantels and cast-iron grates; No.2
dining room fireplace with original painted tiles.

Listing NGR: TQ2601585714

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.