This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 54.033 / 54°1'58"N
Longitude: -0.8847 / 0°53'4"W
OS Eastings: 473149
OS Northings: 460238
OS Grid: SE731602
Mapcode National: GBR QP8T.81
Mapcode Global: WHFBT.CWZN
Plus Code: 9C6X24M8+54
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 2 July 2001
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1245923
English Heritage Legacy ID: 487731
Location: Scrayingham, Ryedale, North Yorkshire, YO41
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Scrayingham
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Scrayingham St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: York
1813/0/10001 The Old Rectory
Former rectory, now house. c. 1704, extended c. 1840, with minor late C20 alterations. Red brick, rendered and colour-washed. Four rendered chimney stacks. Hipped slate roof with overhanging eaves. H-plan, 2 storey with 3 storey north wing.
East entrance front has recessed centre with central pedimented porch and double glazed doors with overlight. Either side single 12-pane sashes and above an oval window flanked by single 9-pane sashes. Projecting left wing has basement window and above a 12-pane sash to each floor. Projecting right wing has two 8-pane sashes and above a single 12-pane sash to each upper floor.
South front has central 15-pane sash flanked by single canted bay windows with plate glass sashes, above three 12-pane sashes.
West front has central doorway with glazed door and pedimented surround. To left a pair of 8-pane sashes and to right a single 15-pane sash, above three 12-pane sashes. Projecting left wing has a single 12-pane sash to each floor, and right wing has two 12-pane sashes to each floor.
INTERIOR has two storey central panelled hall with stick baluster staircase. Back staircase also has stick baluster staircase with turned newels. Drawing room has modern plasterwork and late eighteenth century fireplace. Morning room also has fire grate and surround introduced by Andrews. Original 6-panel doors throughout with moulded surrounds.
Listing NGR: SE7390260240
Other nearby listed buildings