This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.215 / 51°12'54"N
Longitude: -0.5683 / 0°34'5"W
OS Eastings: 500093
OS Northings: 147173
OS Grid: TQ000471
Mapcode National: GBR FCR.M5D
Mapcode Global: VHFVN.3QFG
Plus Code: 9C3X6C8J+2M
Entry Name: Lychgate to Shalford Cemetery
Listing Date: 23 December 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1246024
English Heritage Legacy ID: 472054
Location: Shalford, Guildford, Surrey, GU4
Civil Parish: Shalford
Built-Up Area: Guildford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Shalford
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 04 NW SHALFORD HORSHAM ROAD
(west side, off)
431/4/10019 Lychgate to Shalford
Lychgate to cemetery. Circa 1886, as chapel (qv). Of Bargate rubblestone brought to course with Portland stone quoins; open timber-framed upper walls; plain tile roof with decorative ridge tiles. One wide bay x 2 narrow bays. Buttresses with moulded offsets; arch braces from posts to wall-plate; three arch-braced king-post trusses; moulded barge-boards; metal cross-finials to gables. Replacement wooden double-gate with re-used wavy strap-hinges and decorative iron-work to top-rail. One side-bench inside on carved brackets.
An attractive lychgate which has strong group value with the cemetery chapel it served.
Listing NGR: TQ0009347173
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings