History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

12, Broad Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Nottingham, City of Nottingham

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9541 / 52°57'14"N

Longitude: -1.1438 / 1°8'37"W

OS Eastings: 457618

OS Northings: 339975

OS Grid: SK576399

Mapcode National: GBR LQP.H5

Mapcode Global: WHDGZ.D0KN

Entry Name: 12, Broad Street

Listing Date: 12 July 1972

Last Amended: 30 November 1995

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1246287

English Heritage Legacy ID: 454859

Location: Nottingham, NG1

County: City of Nottingham

Electoral Ward/Division: Bridge

Built-Up Area: Nottingham

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Nottingham St Peter with St James

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Nottingham

Listing Text


NOTTINGHAM

SK5739NE BROAD STREET
646-1/21/52 (East side)
12/07/72 No.12
(Formerly Listed as:
BROAD STREET
No.12
General Dispensary)

II

General dispensary, now offices. 1841-43. By Nicholson &
Goddard of London. Altered early C20. Painted stucco. Roof not
visible. Classical Revival style. Plinth, rusticated ground
floor, string course, major cornice. 2 storeys; 5:1 windows.
First floor, divided by Ionic pilasters on a sill band, has
five 12-pane sashes. Below, central recessed doorway with
renewed 6-panel double door and overlight, flanked by 2
similar sashes. Entrance bay, to right, has a concave-sided
oriel window, 3 lights, and a doorway altered to form a
window.


Listing NGR: SK5761839975

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


NOTTINGHAM

SK5739NE BROAD STREET
646-1/21/52 (East side)
12/07/72 No.12
(Formerly Listed as:
BROAD STREET
No.12
General Dispensary)

II

General dispensary, now offices. 1841-43. By Nicholson &
Goddard of London. Altered early C20. Painted stucco. Roof not
visible. Classical Revival style. Plinth, rusticated ground
floor, string course, major cornice. 2 storeys; 5:1 windows.
First floor, divided by Ionic pilasters on a sill band, has
five 12-pane sashes. Below, central recessed doorway with
renewed 6-panel double door and overlight, flanked by 2
similar sashes. Entrance bay, to right, has a concave-sided
oriel window, 3 lights, and a doorway altered to form a
window.


Listing NGR: SK5761839975

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.