This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.372 / 53°22'19"N
Longitude: -1.4568 / 1°27'24"W
OS Eastings: 436236
OS Northings: 386260
OS Grid: SK362862
Mapcode National: GBR 9LP.61
Mapcode Global: WHDDP.LHHT
Entry Name: West Lodge to Norfolk Park
Listing Date: 28 June 1973
Last Amended: 12 December 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1246730
English Heritage Legacy ID: 455693
Location: Sheffield, S2
Electoral Ward/Division: Park and Arbourthorne
Built-Up Area: Sheffield
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Sheffield Manor St Aidan with St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
SK38NE NORFOLK PARK ROAD
784-1/6/532 (South East side)
West lodge to Norfolk Park
(Formerly Listed as:
NORFOLK PARK ROAD
(Lodge to Norfolk Park))
Lodge, now house. 1841. For the 12th Duke of Norfolk. Coursed
squared stone with ashlar dressings and stone slate roof with
double ridge stack with coped octagonal shafts, and double
side wall stack with twisted shafts. Tudor Revival style.
Single storey plus attics. Cross plan. Park side has to left a
gabled wooden porch with carved posts, bargeboard and wooden
lintel, covering a Tudor arched plank door. To right, a single
lancet, then a square bay window with a 3-light casement.
Above it, a gabled dormer with finial, and a 2-light casement.
Drive side has a projecting right gable with a 4-light window
below and a 2-light window above. Street side has a slightly
oversailing gable with a square stone pier to left, and a
corner doorway. In the centre a 3-light casement and above, a
2-light casement, both with label moulds.
INTERIOR not inspected.
The lodge and gateway (qv) were built when the former manorial
park was opened as a public park.
(Researches by G Hague, Sheffield City Council).
Listing NGR: SK3623686260
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings