This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3726 / 53°22'21"N
Longitude: -1.4989 / 1°29'55"W
OS Eastings: 433439
OS Northings: 386312
OS Grid: SK334863
Mapcode National: GBR 99N.4T
Mapcode Global: WHCCJ.YHFB
Plus Code: 9C5W9GF2+2F
Entry Name: Central Glasshouse on North West Side of Botanical Gardens
Listing Date: 1 May 1952
Last Amended: 12 December 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1247258
English Heritage Legacy ID: 456597
Location: Sheffield, S10
Electoral Ward/Division: Broomhill and Sharrow Vale
Built-Up Area: Sheffield
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Endcliffe St Augustine
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
SK3386SW CLARKEHOUSE ROAD
784-1/32/200 (South East side)
01/05/52 Central glasshouse on north-west
side of Botanical Gardens
(Formerly Listed as:
Range of Three Conservatories in
Glasshouse. 1837-38, with mid C20 alterations. By BB Taylor.
Ashlar and render, with cast-iron framing to glazed
square-domed roof. Plinth, Corinthian pilasters and
entablature. Single storey. 7 x 3 bays. Central glazed doors
with a cross casement above, flanked on each side by 3 cross
casements. Returns have 3 similar casements. To right,
concrete colonnade, c1935. This building is one of 3,
originally linked by colonnades.
(The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Yorkshire: The West
Riding: London: 1967-: 465).
Listing NGR: SK3343986312
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings