This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.951 / 52°57'3"N
Longitude: -1.1422 / 1°8'31"W
OS Eastings: 457728
OS Northings: 339631
OS Grid: SK577396
Mapcode National: GBR LQQ.V9
Mapcode Global: WHDGZ.F391
Plus Code: 9C4WXV25+94
Entry Name: 56, High Pavement
Listing Date: 11 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1247634
English Heritage Legacy ID: 457251
Location: Castle, Nottingham, NG1
Electoral Ward/Division: Bridge
Built-Up Area: Nottingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Nottingham St Peter with St James
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK5739NE HIGH PAVEMENT
646-1/21/272 (South side)
Town house, formerly St Mary's Vicarage, now offices. Mid C18,
altered mid and late C19. Red brick with painted ashlar
dressings and concrete tile roof. Plinth, first floor sill
band, moulded eaves cornice, blocking course. 3 storeys; 5
window range. Windows are glazing bar sashes with brick flat
arches, those to the projecting central bay with moulded
surrounds, those to the third floor smaller. Central C19
stucco doorcase with cornice on brackets, panelled door and
overlight. To left, a late C19 carriage opening with brick and
stone surround and a pair of wrought-iron gates.
This building was converted to a lace warehouse mid C19.
(Nottingham Industrial Archaeological Society Journal:
Oldfield G: Nottingham: 1983-: 6).
Listing NGR: SK5772839630
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings