This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4761 / 51°28'33"N
Longitude: -0.1248 / 0°7'29"W
OS Eastings: 530324
OS Northings: 176903
OS Grid: TQ303769
Mapcode National: GBR JT.41
Mapcode Global: VHGR5.S5C8
Plus Code: 9C3XFVGG+C3
Entry Name: Mandragon House
Listing Date: 28 October 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1249993
English Heritage Legacy ID: 432223
Location: Lambeth, London, SW8
Electoral Ward/Division: Stockwell
Built-Up Area: Lambeth
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: South Lambeth St Anne and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ 3076 GUILDFORD ROAD
12/1140 No 49
House, formerly vicarage. part of a planned estate. Built between
1843 and 1850 by John Snell as the vicarage to adjoining St
Barnabas Chapel which was built 1848-50. Jacobean style. Stock
brick with stuccoed dressings and slate roof with 3 brick
chimneystacks with stuccoed cornices and terracotta chimneypots.
2 storeys and attics and basement; 4 windows; 3 to main range and
1 in set back 2 storey bay to right. 3 curved gables with round-
headed windows to attics. 1st floor has 3 sashes with marginal
glazing, dripmoulding and brackets underneath window cills.
Stringcourse. Ground floor windows have eared architraves and
cornices, iron flower guards and brackets below window cills.
Deep plinth with casement to basement. Set back to right is
section of 2 storeys , 1 bay. Sash windows with marginal glazing,
rusticated surround and hood moulding and left side round-headed
doorcase with flight of stone steps with stuccoed balustrade.
Attached to extreme right is former coach house, stock brick with
gable with finial and round headed windows.
[See 'Survey of London' Vol XXVI Part 2 P63 1956]
Listing NGR: TQ3032476903
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings