This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4843 / 51°29'3"N
Longitude: -0.2925 / 0°17'32"W
OS Eastings: 518661
OS Northings: 177534
OS Grid: TQ186775
Mapcode National: GBR 7Z.8XK
Mapcode Global: VHGQW.WY7H
Plus Code: 9C3XFPM5+P2
Entry Name: Aroid House Number 1
Listing Date: 10 January 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1250800
English Heritage Legacy ID: 433276
Location: Kew, Richmond upon Thames, London, TW9
County: Richmond upon Thames
Electoral Ward/Division: Kew
Built-Up Area: Richmond upon Thames
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Kew St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 10/10/2017
ROYAL BOTANIC GARDENS KEW
Aroid House No 1
(Formerly listed as Aroid House No 1, ROYAL BOTANIC GARDENS)
By John Nash, originally one of the two pavilions flanking the Garden Facade of Buckingham Palace. It has glass walls with square Tuscan piers along the sides and six Ionic columns in antis along the fronts. Pediments and roof mostly glazed. North wall blind. Re-erected in this position in 1836.
(History of the Kings Works Vol VI (p.441)).
Listing NGR: TQ1866177534
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings