History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Baptist Chapel, Now Salvation Army Headquarters

A Grade II Listed Building in Horncastle, Lincolnshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2061 / 53°12'22"N

Longitude: -0.1169 / 0°7'0"W

OS Eastings: 525865

OS Northings: 369326

OS Grid: TF258693

Mapcode National: GBR JSN.17P

Mapcode Global: WHHKJ.5NLZ

Plus Code: 9C5X6V4M+C6

Entry Name: Baptist Chapel, Now Salvation Army Headquarters

Listing Date: 25 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1252003

English Heritage Legacy ID: 434921

Location: Horncastle, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN9

County: Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Horncastle

Built-Up Area: Horncastle

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Horncastle Group

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Horncastle

Listing Text

TF 2569 HORNCASTLE THE WONG
(west side)

6/118 Baptist Chapel, now
Salvation Army
Headquarters

II

Baptist chapel, now Salvation Army headquarters. 1767, 1843, C20
Red brick, chequered with some yellow brick, painted ashlar
dressings. Corrugated iron roof. 2 storey, single bay east
front raised in chequered brick in 1843. Quoins. Central
doorway with moulded wooden doorcase, entablature and double,
partially glazed, doors. Small C20 casement to right. Notice
board to left. Ashlar second floor band and ashlar blind oculus
in gable, blocked with brick. 2 bay south side extended to west
and raised in 1843. 2 glazing bar sashes with ashlar keystones
and segmental heads. 2 glazing bar sashes above, both with
segmental heads. 2 bay north side extended to west and raised in
1843. 2 glazing bar sashes with ashlar keystones and segmental
heads. To right a plain doorway with rendered lintel, segmental
head and plank door. 2 glazing bar sashes with segmental heads,
above. 2 weathered gravestones attached to wall, to left.


Listing NGR: TF2586569326

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.