This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.9118 / 52°54'42"N
Longitude: 0.7564 / 0°45'23"E
OS Eastings: 585442
OS Northings: 338488
OS Grid: TF854384
Mapcode National: GBR R68.D2H
Mapcode Global: WHKPR.L2DK
Entry Name: Stables and Coach House Adjoining South East of Stables with Loft and Horse Engine House at Cross House Farm
Listing Date: 6 April 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1252535
English Heritage Legacy ID: 359842
Location: North Creake, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, NR21
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: North Creake
Built-Up Area: North Creake
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Creake North St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 83 NE NORTH CREAKE NORMANS LANE
Stables and coach house
5/10002 adjoining SE of stables
with loft and horse-engine
house at Cross House Farm
Stables and coachhouse. Dated 1873. Flemish bond red brick; rear wall
of flint nodules with red brick quoins and stringcourse. Gable-ended
pantile roof. Rectangular plan range of 3 stables with coach house
between the left and centre stables, and with oft above. 2 storeys.
Asymmetrical east front. Segmental brick arch coach house doorway to
left of centre with boarded double doors and loft loading door above
over which is tablet inscribed "S 1873" in gable. On ground floor 3
stable doorways with plank door and small windows to sides. To right
of coach house doorway an external brick staircase to loft door, with
dog-kennel under stairs. All doors plank and all openings have
segmental arches. Interior: not inspected.
Note: These were one of the stables of Cross House which was
demolished in circa mid C20. It is part of Cross House Farm, one of
3 farms on Earl Spencer's 3,000 acre North Creake estate.
Listing NGR: TF8544238488
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings