This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9553 / 52°57'18"N
Longitude: -1.1506 / 1°9'2"W
OS Eastings: 457160
OS Northings: 340101
OS Grid: SK571401
Mapcode National: GBR LPN.0R
Mapcode Global: WHDGS.9ZB9
Entry Name: Langtry's Public House
Listing Date: 30 November 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1255172
English Heritage Legacy ID: 458863
Location: Nottingham, NG1
County: City of Nottingham
Electoral Ward/Division: St Ann's
Built-Up Area: Nottingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Nottingham St Peter with St James
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK5740SW SOUTH SHERWOOD STREET
646-1/14/565 (East side)
Langtry's Public House
Public house. Early and mid C19. Stucco with hipped artificial
slate roof and rendered gable and ridge stacks.
Plinth, ramped cornice to ground floor, moulded eaves. Ground
floor has mainly cross framed plain sashes, upper floors
mainly margin pane sashes, all with moulded surrounds. Front,
to South Sherwood Street, has a doorway flanked by pilasters
with recessed glazed door, and above it, a dummy parapet with
ball finials. To left a single window, to right, 2 windows.
Above, 3 windows on each floor, unequally spaced.
Left return has a door flanked by two 3-light windows to left
and a similar window to right, then a single light window.
Above, 3 windows, and above again, 2 smaller glazing bar
sashes and a blank.
INTERIOR refitted late C20.
Listing NGR: SK5716040101
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings