History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Leominster Baptist Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Leominster, County of Herefordshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2259 / 52°13'33"N

Longitude: -2.735 / 2°44'6"W

OS Eastings: 349888

OS Northings: 258891

OS Grid: SO498588

Mapcode National: GBR FK.1VKH

Mapcode Global: VH84W.J9YY

Entry Name: Leominster Baptist Church

Listing Date: 24 July 1954

Last Amended: 15 March 1996

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1255445

English Heritage Legacy ID: 459706

Location: Leominster, County of Herefordshire, HR6

County: County of Herefordshire

Civil Parish: Leominster

Built-Up Area: Leominster

Traditional County: Herefordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire

Church of England Parish: Leominster

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Leominster

Listing Text


LEOMINSTER

SO4958 ETNAM STREET
808-1/2/142 (South side)
24/07/54 Leominster Baptist Church, Marlow's
Court
(Formerly Listed as:
ETNAM STREET
(South side)
Baptist Chapel at Marlows Court)

GV II

Chapel. c1771. Brick; hipped plain tile gable roof. Single
storey. Central entrance: 6-panel double doors and swagged
fanlight under moulded wood open-pediment hood with
entablature blocks with triglyphs and guttae, on columns and
pilasters (giving appearance of triple columns); bullseye
window with coloured glass in brick architrave with 4 stucco
keyblocks, dated 1771; flanked by 16-pane round-headed lights
under brick semicircular arches with stucco keyblocks; C20
restored brick modillion pediment and parapet.
INTERIOR not inspected. Marlow's Court was built in 1771, as a
Manse, Chapel and almshouses.


Listing NGR: SO4988858891

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


LEOMINSTER

SO4958 ETNAM STREET
808-1/2/142 (South side)
24/07/54 Leominster Baptist Church, Marlow's
Court
(Formerly Listed as:
ETNAM STREET
(South side)
Baptist Chapel at Marlows Court)

GV II

Chapel. c1771. Brick; hipped plain tile gable roof. Single
storey. Central entrance: 6-panel double doors and swagged
fanlight under moulded wood open-pediment hood with
entablature blocks with triglyphs and guttae, on columns and
pilasters (giving appearance of triple columns); bullseye
window with coloured glass in brick architrave with 4 stucco
keyblocks, dated 1771; flanked by 16-pane round-headed lights
under brick semicircular arches with stucco keyblocks; C20
restored brick modillion pediment and parapet.
INTERIOR not inspected. Marlow's Court was built in 1771, as a
Manse, Chapel and almshouses.


Listing NGR: SO4988858891

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.