This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.28 / 54°16'48"N
Longitude: -0.4006 / 0°24'2"W
OS Eastings: 504228
OS Northings: 488334
OS Grid: TA042883
Mapcode National: GBR TLNY.1H
Mapcode Global: WHGC0.TPD6
Plus Code: 9C6X7HJX+2P
Entry Name: The White House
Listing Date: 8 June 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1258290
English Heritage Legacy ID: 444724
Location: Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11
County: North Yorkshire
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Scarborough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Scarborough St Mary
Church of England Diocese: York
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 02/04/2015
The White House
Originally called East Villa and later Belvoir House, the villa dates from
circa 1835 with later alterations. At one time also owned by the Londesboroughs.
2 storeys now roughcast with chamfered quoins. Entrance front has 4 windows
recessed sashes. On 1st floor and one on ground floor which has otherwise been
altered by later additions. Venetian shutters. One shallow gabled dormer,
the wall face carried up through eaves - round headed sash. Gable end slate
roof with deep flat eaves on wood brackets. South east garden front has 5
windows that to left hand in slight projection with quoins and low gable over
shaped as broken pediment. Flat dormers, Recessed sashes, no glazing bars,
Venetian shutters. Blind lunette in gable with block imposts. Set in fine
grounds down to the Valley.
Woodend, Art Gallery, Londesborough Lodge and The White House
(with gates and gate piers) form an important group.
Listing NGR: TA0422888334
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings