This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0672 / 51°4'1"N
Longitude: -1.7964 / 1°47'47"W
OS Eastings: 414362
OS Northings: 129778
OS Grid: SU143297
Mapcode National: GBR 51F.2MW
Mapcode Global: FRA 7639.KYW
Plus Code: 9C3W3683+VC
Entry Name: The Old House Restaurant
Listing Date: 28 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1258372
English Heritage Legacy ID: 444878
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Salisbury St Thomas and St Edmund
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1594 (South Side)
Nos 47 and 49
(The Old House Restaurant)
SU 1429 NW 3/107 28.2.52.
2 gabled front dated 1569 on rainwater pipe but left gable earlier. 2 storeys
and attic. Left gabled bay random rubble and brick. Right hand formerly exposed
timber frame with plaster infilling, now tile hung. One 2 light attic casement
in each gable. 2 3-light wood mullioned and transomed windows with moulded
cornice over and small 2 light casement between on first floor. 2 similar
3-light windows on ground floor also with moulded frames and with shallow bracketed
hoods. All windows have modern leaded casements. Central wide door of 6 fielded
panels. Squat proportions, early C18, flanking Doric pilasters, moulded entablature
and pediment. Secondary early Cl9 door 6 flush panels in reeded architrave
with corner blocks and small flat hood. Interior has beams and securing wall
plate. Roof structure sealed in but position of principals and purlins apparent.
South east room first floor has open roof 2 bays collar, tie beam trusses.
Nos 21 to 49 (odd), the School of Arts and Crafts, Nos 61, 63 and
Nos 67 to 75 (odd) form a group.
Listing NGR: SU1436529775
Other nearby listed buildings