This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0657 / 51°3'56"N
Longitude: -1.7931 / 1°47'35"W
OS Eastings: 414596
OS Northings: 129621
OS Grid: SU145296
Mapcode National: GBR 51F.3GW
Mapcode Global: FRA 7649.F9P
Plus Code: 9C3W3684+7Q
Entry Name: St Anne's Manor
Listing Date: 28 February 1952
Last Amended: 26 January 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1258791
English Heritage Legacy ID: 445679
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Salisbury St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST ANNE'S STREET
1594 (South Side)
Nos 6 to 10 (even)
(St Anne's Manor)
SU 1429 NE 4/161 28.2.52.
C17-C18, and modern. Nos 6 and 8 formerly St Anne's Manor, No 10 modern extension.
C18 front of 3 storeys. Red brick with raised strings at 1st and 2nd floor
levels. Painted moulded band cornice, tall parapet with stone coping and old
tile roof. 4 windows with architrave frames to upper floors. 3 windows on
ground floor with moulded frames and panelled shutters, and 6-Panelled door
in deep arched reveal with radiating and wreathed fanlight and doorcase of
engaged Tuscan columns with fluted and reeded necking, broken entablature,
dentilled cornice and moulded and dentilled open pediment. The Cl7 front adjoins
to left hand and has 2 storeys and basement. Plum coloured brick on projecting
plinth with raised brick quoins and stone coping at head of wall. 3 casement
windows, 2 with leaded lights and one blocked, on 1st floor.
3 2-light stone mullioned and transomed casements (Cl9 lights) on ground floor.
3 2-light similar easements in basement, the left hand blocked. Modern 1-storey
extension in C18 manner to left hand. 5 windows and 6-panel central door with
arched fanlight of curved pattern reeded surround and moulded open dentilled
pediment on scroll brackets. Windows irregularly spaced. The door possibly
Interior has staircase with closed string, 3 flights, moulded handrail, splay
shaped balusters, square oak newels with ornamental tops. Circa 1812 music
room, single storey to rear, with elaborately moulded cornice acanthus leaves,
dentils, egg and dart and bead and real strips. Good fireplace. Good tripartite
window with marble Ionic pilasters to side, freestanding columns to centre.
2 rooms on 1st floor with C18 panelling and corner fireplace.
Nos 2 to 18 (even) form a group with Nos 1 & 3 and with Friary Court and
Craddock House, The Friary.
Nos 2 to 18 (even) also form a group with the Old Bell Inn & St Anne's Garage
Listing NGR: SU1459629621
Other nearby listed buildings