This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.4819 / 52°28'54"N
Longitude: -2.1666 / 2°9'59"W
OS Eastings: 388781
OS Northings: 287120
OS Grid: SO887871
Mapcode National: GBR 43R.WP
Mapcode Global: VH919.DWG8
Entry Name: Rose Cottage
Listing Date: 2 December 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1259576
English Heritage Legacy ID: 462734
Location: Dudley, DY8
Electoral Ward/Division: Wordsley
Built-Up Area: Kingswinford
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Wordsley
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 9490 SW
STREET(north side)Number 201,
Hotel,now a public house.1895-6.Red brick with stone dressings.Gabled Welsh slate roof with pierced ridge tiles and terracotta finials.Panelled brick axial stacks.PLAN:Long,approximately rectangular,building of four bays by one bay,on corner site,with main entrance on the corner.Victorian Gothic style with debased classical details.EXTERIOR:three storeys.One bay to Wolverhampton Street and four bays to Priory Street,each bay gabled and with bargeboards,wooden arched braces and pendants;the bays have brick pilasters with stone capitals and wooden canted bay windows on the first floor with slate canopies with ornate iron cresting forming balconettes to the second floor windows;the bay windows have corner pilasters and Ipswich glazing;first floor windows have cambered arches with dripmoulds;the left bay of the Priory Street elevation has pair of lancet on first floor;moulded brick stringcourses.The south west corner has round turret on the first and second floors with stone pilastered windows and is surmounted by stone gabled clock tower with colonnettes at the corners and an octagonal spire above with a cast-iron finial.At the other end,the north west corner has a wooden oriel on the corner with an iron finial on the spire.The ground floor has public house front with stone pilasters with capitals and shaft-rings and canted bay windows between with glazed brick risers and etched glass;the entrance on the corner has panelled double doors with fanlight with leaded panes.INTERIOR altered,but the stairs and a plaster ceiling on the first floor remain intact.
Listing NGR: SO8878187120
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings