This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0685 / 51°4'6"N
Longitude: -1.7922 / 1°47'31"W
OS Eastings: 414658
OS Northings: 129924
OS Grid: SU146299
Mapcode National: GBR 517.XC8
Mapcode Global: FRA 7649.7MF
Entry Name: William Iv Public House
Listing Date: 12 October 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1259805
English Heritage Legacy ID: 444116
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Salisbury St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1594 (South Side)
(William IV Public House)
5U 1429 NE 4/523
C15 origin with Cl7 rear wing. Refronted late C18. 2 storeys pain-Led brick.
Steep pitch gable end old tile roof. Boxed eaves. 2 window symmetrical front.
Recessed sashes on first floor, glazing bars intact, flat stucco arches. Ground
floor windows altered C19 2 squat lights each with flanking thin wood colonettes,
cambered heads, flat stucco arches with broad keystones. Central door of 4
flush panels, plain surround, tiled hood on brackets. Interior traces of original
timber frame. On first floor of 3 trusses, post and tie beam to centre, visible.
Nos 20 to 36 (even) and Pentecostal Church form a group.
Listing NGR: SU1465829924
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings