History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church House

A Grade II Listed Building in Thrumpton, Nottinghamshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8757 / 52°52'32"N

Longitude: -1.2443 / 1°14'39"W

OS Eastings: 450961

OS Northings: 331182

OS Grid: SK509311

Mapcode National: GBR 8JD.Q78

Mapcode Global: WHDH3.VZP9

Entry Name: Church House

Listing Date: 13 October 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1260040

English Heritage Legacy ID: 441817

Location: Thrumpton, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG11

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Rushcliffe

Civil Parish: Thrumpton

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Thrumpton

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Barton in Fabis

Listing Text

THRUMPTON CHURCH LANE
SK 53 SW
(east side)
2/117 Church House
13.10.66
G.V. II
House. 1713 with C19 alterations. Red brick, blue brick, some
ashlar. Plain tile roof. C19 external left gable red brick
stack. Decorative bargeboards with pendant finials. Set on an
ashlar and brick plinth with blue chamfered brick band over. Red
brick stretchers and blue brick headers to all but the first
floor left 2 bays. First floor band. 2 storey, 2 bay wing with
2 storey plus garret, single bay gabled wing to the right.
Central doorway with studded plank door, to the left is a single
cross casement and to the right a single 2 light ashlar mullion
glazing bar casement. Above is a single similar ashlar cross
casement with flush ashlar quoin surround and to the right a
single similar ashlar mullion casement, extending over this
opening is a brick band. Garret has a single glazing bar
casement. Attached to the left is a red brick and slate lean-to
with single small fixed light. South/church front with single
central ridge red brick stack, first floor band and band over
first floor lintels. Single central 2 light casement flanked by
single 3 light ashlar mullion casements. Above are 2 similar 2
light ashlar mullion casements and over the band a single oeil de
boeuf. All windows with glazing bars. In the right gable wall
is a small ashlar plaque inscribed "J.E. 1713".


Listing NGR: SK5096131182

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.