This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8065 / 52°48'23"N
Longitude: -1.4839 / 1°29'2"W
OS Eastings: 434888
OS Northings: 323339
OS Grid: SK348233
Mapcode National: GBR 6GD.3MZ
Mapcode Global: WHDHD.5QNB
Entry Name: Pillar Fountain South East of the Green
Listing Date: 28 April 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1261965
English Heritage Legacy ID: 436200
Location: Ticknall, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE73
District: South Derbyshire
Civil Parish: Ticknall
Built-Up Area: Ticknall
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Ticknall St George
Church of England Diocese: Derby
The following building shall be added:
TICKNALL ASHBY ROAD
SK 32 SW
1259-/4/0013 Pillar Fountain
south-east of 'The Green'
Pillar fountain. Manufactured by Glenfield and Kennedy Ltd of
Kilmarnock. Erected 1914 at the instruction of Sir Vauncey
Harpur-Crewe of Calke Abbey. Fluted cast iron cylindrical column,
with moulded domed top, incorporating tap lever handle, Lion mask
surround to tap outlet, and integral bucket platform to base. The
design, apparently of the late C19 date is referred to as
Kennedy's patent, self closing, anti-freezing Pillar fountain.
The fountain forms part of a fresh water supply system for the
village of Ticknall, (itself part of the Harpur-Crewe estate),
of which 16 other examples (q.v.) survive. The fountains were
served by gravity from a reservoir filled with water drawn from
a well by wind-pump.
Listing NGR: SK3488823339
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings