History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

7 and 9, Lee Terrace

A Grade II Listed Building in Blackheath, London

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.4635 / 51°27'48"N

Longitude: 0.0021 / 0°0'7"E

OS Eastings: 539174

OS Northings: 175741

OS Grid: TQ391757

Mapcode National: GBR L2.K68

Mapcode Global: VHGR7.ZGGX

Entry Name: 7 and 9, Lee Terrace

Listing Date: 10 September 1993

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1262012

English Heritage Legacy ID: 436121

Location: Lewisham, London, SE3

County: London

District: Lewisham

Electoral Ward/Division: Blackheath

Built-Up Area: Lewisham

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: Lee St Margaret

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Find accommodation in
Catford

Listing Text

The following building shall be added-:

LEE TERRACE
TQ 15 39 75
(North side)
779-/15/10011 Nos. 7 and 9

GV II

House, school after 1918. Built by the eminent civil engineer
William Webster in Italianate style, replacing an 1826
building by George Ledwell Taylor. It was originally named
Wyberton House. Stone fronted with polished granite
decorations, other sides stock brick.Slate roof concealed by
parapet. Slightly irregular building of 3 storeys ; 7 windows.
Panelled parapet. Cornice of alternate paterae and brackets.
End windows set back. End quoins. Windows have cambered
architraves with keystones and stops. First floor windows have
cornices and brackets and window over porch has pediment on
brackets. Porch has granite columns, fretted balcony and 4
steps. Three-light canted bays either side, the right side
window with glass removed for chapel use.


Listing NGR: TQ3917475741

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

The following building shall be added-:

LEE TERRACE
TQ 15 39 75
(North side)
779-/15/10011 Nos. 7 and 9

GV II

House, school after 1918. Built by the eminent civil engineer
William Webster in Italianate style, replacing an 1826
building by George Ledwell Taylor. It was originally named
Wyberton House. Stone fronted with polished granite
decorations, other sides stock brick.Slate roof concealed by
parapet. Slightly irregular building of 3 storeys ; 7 windows.
Panelled parapet. Cornice of alternate paterae and brackets.
End windows set back. End quoins. Windows have cambered
architraves with keystones and stops. First floor windows have
cornices and brackets and window over porch has pediment on
brackets. Porch has granite columns, fretted balcony and 4
steps. Three-light canted bays either side, the right side
window with glass removed for chapel use.


Listing NGR: TQ3917475741

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.