This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7445 / 51°44'40"N
Longitude: -0.4786 / 0°28'43"W
OS Eastings: 505132
OS Northings: 206182
OS Grid: TL051061
Mapcode National: GBR G6S.RS4
Mapcode Global: VHFS5.NFB0
Plus Code: 9C3XPGVC+QG
Entry Name: Church of St John the Evangelist and Attached Church Hall
Listing Date: 17 February 1977
Last Amended: 12 February 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1262877
English Heritage Legacy ID: 433825
Location: Dacorum, Hertfordshire, HP1
Electoral Ward/Division: Boxmoor
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Boxmoor
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
Church of St John The Evangelist and attached church hall
Anglican church and attached church hall. 1874, with hall added after 1881.
CHURCH: by Norman Shaw. Snecked rubble stone with ashlar dressings and plain tiled roof covering. Gothic Revival style. Nave, aisles, chancel south and north porches. Tiled roof. Lancets to nave and clerestory. Octagonal bellcote on nave roof. Five-light window with Geometrical tracery. Five-light east window.
Interior has nave arcades carried on piers of quatrefoil tracery. Boarded roof.
CHURCH HALL: attached on southwest side. Architect not known. Diagonally-tooled blocks with ashlar dressings, beneath a plain-tiled roof. Two bays, each with a three-light mullioned window. Flat roofed linking bay with 3-light mullioned window.
Listing NGR: TL0513206182
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings