History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Mulberry Court

A Grade II Listed Building in Stanley, London

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.485 / 51°29'5"N

Longitude: -0.1757 / 0°10'32"W

OS Eastings: 526766

OS Northings: 177803

OS Grid: TQ267778

Mapcode National: GBR 4P.RV

Mapcode Global: VHGQY.WXZZ

Entry Name: Mulberry Court

Listing Date: 22 December 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1265415

English Heritage Legacy ID: 425009

Location: Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW3

County: London

District: Kensington and Chelsea

Electoral Ward/Division: Stanley

Built-Up Area: Kensington and Chelsea

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: Chelsea St John with St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Shepherds Bush

Listing Text

TQ 2677 NE KING'S ROAD
61/31 (North Side)

No 350 and Nos 1-8
(consec) Mulberry Court

GV II

Garage with attached residential accommodation. 1924.Designed by Robert Sharp.
Garage with stuccoed facade and reinforced concrete and steel frame;pitched slate
roof to parapet. Brick and stucco to advanced flanking wings,which have green
slate roofs. Garage set back between pair of residential blocks. Garage of 2
storeys, 7 bays. Entrances to end bays through wide segmental headed openings
with prominent keystones. Giant pilaster strips separating bays. Floor to ceiling
glazing to ground floor; low cills to upper floor with full width glazing to each bay
above. Glazing to each bay divided into 3 parts by mullions treated as pilasters to grounc
floor; metal framed windows, 35 paned to ground floor and 21 paned to upper floor, to
each bay. Cornice above first floor with paired modillions above pilaster strips.
Parapet, rising to centre bay to form stepped central feature. Above entrances the
words 'Carlyle Garages' in blue faience on a white faience ground. A pair of
residential blocks formerly including chauffeurs' accommodation (A Forsyth), set
forward to right and left; each of 4 storeys plus attic, 3 bays wide with 3-bay
returns to right and left. Left block with plateglass shop window and late C20 facia
to ground floor; right block with some original margin glazing and central square headed
pilastered and corniced entrance. Banded quoins above ground floor; square headed
windows with stucco architravesto first floor and centre second floor window; casements,
small panes, leaded lights; prominent cornice to each block above third floor. Attic
mansard with 3 square headed corniced windows, the centre ones pedimented.


Listing NGR: TQ2676677803

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.