This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4871 / 51°29'13"N
Longitude: -0.1716 / 0°10'17"W
OS Eastings: 527043
OS Northings: 178042
OS Grid: TQ270780
Mapcode National: GBR 5P.N3
Mapcode Global: VHGQY.ZW4D
Entry Name: Chelsea Public Library Now Part of Chelsea College
Listing Date: 15 April 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1266312
English Heritage Legacy ID: 421952
Location: Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW3
District: Kensington and Chelsea
Electoral Ward/Division: Stanley
Built-Up Area: Kensington and Chelsea
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Luke and Christ Church Chelsea
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2778 SW MANRESA ROAD SW3
15.4.69 Chelsea Public Library now
part of Chelsea College
College annexe, formerly public library. 1890. J M Brydon, architect. Three storeys.
Five windows with 2 sashes. Recessed wings of one window wide. Red brick and stone.
Round headed windows to ground floor, with rusticated surrounds. First floor windows
with round headed stone relieving arches containing square headed openings in brick
with prominent keystones. Stone bracketed and dentilled eaves cornice. Hipped,
pantiled roof. Tall chimney to each side. Stone Ionic semi-circular porch.
Listing NGR: TQ2704378042
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings