This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.4005 / 53°24'1"N
Longitude: -1.4633 / 1°27'47"W
OS Eastings: 435781
OS Northings: 389425
OS Grid: SK357894
Mapcode National: GBR 9JB.TT
Mapcode Global: WHDDH.HSDJ
Plus Code: 9C5WCG2P+5M
Entry Name: Abbeyfield House
Listing Date: 12 December 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1271346
English Heritage Legacy ID: 455113
Location: Sheffield, S4
Electoral Ward/Division: Burngreave
Built-Up Area: Sheffield
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Pitsmoor Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
SK38NE ABBEYFIELD PARK
784-1/6/125 (East side)
House, now training centre and offices. c1850 with additions
c1880, and late C20 alterations. Coursed squared stone with
ashlar dressings and slate roofs with 2 ridge stacks, one
coped, one capped, and coped side wall stack.
EXTERIOR: plinth, first floor band and sillband, moulded eaves
cornice and blocking course. 2 storeys; 5 window range.
Entrance front, to left, a projecting gable with a 12-pane
sash with moulded surround and cornice on brackets. Below,
canted stone bay window with hipped roof and 5 round-headed
lights. To right, 3 plain sashes, then a round-arched single
pane window. Below, in the return angle to left, a portico
with full entablature and Ionic columns, covering a late C20
half-glazed door with fanlight. To its right, 2 plain sashes,
then a round-arched single pane window.
Right return, 3 windows, has a recessed centre with a plain
sash, flanked by canted 2 storey bay windows. Below,
projecting wooden doorcase with pediment and C20 flush door
with sidelights and glazing bar overlight. Larger 4-side bay
window, to let, has 3 plain sashes on each floor. Left return
has an inscribed stone sundial, 1883, with pedimented stone
surround and apron. Smaller bay window, to right, has 3 plain
sashes on each floor.
INTERIOR not inspected.
The gardens have been a public park since 1909.
Listing NGR: SK3578189425
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings