History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

K6 Telephone Kiosk Adjacent to Abbey

A Grade II Listed Building in Shrewsbury, Shropshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7074 / 52°42'26"N

Longitude: -2.7448 / 2°44'41"W

OS Eastings: 349771

OS Northings: 312452

OS Grid: SJ497124

Mapcode National: GBR BJ.2JY5

Mapcode Global: WH8BT.T63S

Entry Name: K6 Telephone Kiosk Adjacent to Abbey

Listing Date: 7 September 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1271370

English Heritage Legacy ID: 455053

Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Shrewsbury

Built-Up Area: Shrewsbury

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Shrewsbury Holy Cross

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Shrewsbury

Listing Text


SHREWSBURY

SJ4912SE ABBEY FOREGATE
653-1/16/65 (North side)
07/09/88 K6 Telephone Kiosk adjacent to Abbey

GV II

Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert
Scott, made by various contractors. Cast-iron. Square kiosk
with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin
glazing to windows and door.


Listing NGR: SJ4977112452

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.