This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.7409 / 53°44'27"N
Longitude: -0.4503 / 0°27'1"W
OS Eastings: 502305
OS Northings: 428284
OS Grid: TA023282
Mapcode National: GBR TT95.9Q
Mapcode Global: WHGFQ.17TH
Entry Name: Former Stableblock to Tranby Croft
Listing Date: 25 May 2001
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1271504
English Heritage Legacy ID: 487588
Location: Anlaby with Anlaby Common, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU10
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Anlaby with Anlaby Common
Built-Up Area: Kingston upon Hull
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Anlaby St Peter
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 02 NW TRANBY RIDE
14-MAY-01 (West side)
Former Stableblock to Tranby Croft
Stableblock. 1874. Designed by C R Chorley of Leeds. White brick with orange brick dressings. Hipped Welsh slate roofs with bracket eaves and various brick. Orange brick cill and lintel bands. Segment arched orange brick lintels and plain sashes throughout. Deep orange brick plinth. Quadrangular plan with 4 storey tower at the north-east corner.
Main eastern front has central rounded entrance archway with large wooden panel gates. Arch has pilasters with moulded ashlar capitals and prominent ashlar keystone inscribed WA 1874. Above two round headed sash windows. Single storey wings either side have single sashes, then pairs of narrow sashes and beyond again sinfle sashes.
Tower at north-east corner has four storeys. Ground floor has single round headed sashes to the north and east faces with orange brick bands. First floor ashlar and brick band and single round headed sashes to each face with orange brick bands. Second floor has a large round arch to each face with two round headed sashes in each. Arched corbel table band with above three round arches each with a single smaller sash. Pyramidal slate roof with bracketed corbel table.
Inner courtyard has single storey stable ranges around three sides. The two storey western range has projecting gabled centre with round headed doorway flanked by blind arches, above two broad sashes. Gable topped by square wooden cupola with clock, arcade and leaded square dome with weather vane.
This stableblock was built to serve Tranby Croft for Arthur Wilson.
Listing NGR: TA0229628290
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings