History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Manor House and Attached Walls

A Grade II Listed Building in East Bridgford, Nottinghamshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9869 / 52°59'12"N

Longitude: -0.9646 / 0°57'52"W

OS Eastings: 469604

OS Northings: 343786

OS Grid: SK696437

Mapcode National: GBR BL2.NYD

Mapcode Global: WHFJ0.46X0

Entry Name: The Manor House and Attached Walls

Listing Date: 14 November 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1272724

English Heritage Legacy ID: 448058

Location: East Bridgford, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG13

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Rushcliffe

Civil Parish: East Bridgford

Built-Up Area: East Bridgford

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: East Bridgford

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
East Bridgford

Listing Text

EAST BRIDGFORD KNEETON ROAD
SK 6943
(north west side)
11/54 The Manor House and
attached walls

G.V. II

Manor house. Now Old People's Home. c.1740 and c.1820. Brick,
stuccoed, with hipped slate roof. Ashlar dressings. Ashlar
plinth, moulded eaves, pediment and parapet. 7 ridge and 2 gable
stacks. 2 storeys, 5 bays. Square plan plus rear wing. Windows
are glazing bar sashes. East front has projecting pedimented
central bay with flat roofed parapeted porch with double
pilasters and dentillated cornice. Double doors. To left,
blocked opening. Flanked by 2 sashes. Above, to left, 2 sashes.
To their right, 2 sashes flanked by single blocked openings.
Rear wing has to east, 2 C19 casements and above, 2 sashes.
south front has, to left, rear wing and 2 small brick lean-to
additions. To left, doorway with elliptical head, and to its
right, 2 casements and 2 sashes. To right again, C20 door with
round headed tile surround and fanlight, and a sash. Above, to
left, 4 casements and to right, 4 sashes. North front has 5 full
height sashes with blind boxes. Above, 5 smaller similar sashes,
the central one a dummy. Return angle to north west has late C19
ashlar loggia with 2 square and 2 round piers, cornice and
parapet. Below, French window flanked to left by single and to
right by 2 full height sashes. Above, to left, door with
overlight and to right, a sash and a French window. Return angle
has to north, late C19 fenestration and above, to left, bell on
bracket. Adam style interior has curved winder stair with
scrolled handrail. Drawing room has full height panelling with
moulded margins. Library has full height plaster panelling with
fasces borders and rebated corners. 2 simple Adam style
fireplaces, plain ashlar fireplace, Classical marble fireplace
with pilasters, paterae and urns. Outside, adjoining brick
boundary wall to west has plain slab coping and segmental headed
gateway with ornate C19 wrought iron gate. Approx. 75M long.
Adjoining boundary wall to south, L-plan, brick with slab coping,
has to east a plank door with segmental head. Approx. lOOM long.


Listing NGR: SK6960443786

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.