This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.1572 / 54°9'26"N
Longitude: -3.1768 / 3°10'36"W
OS Eastings: 323246
OS Northings: 474130
OS Grid: SD232741
Mapcode National: GBR 6N8C.0H
Mapcode Global: WH72B.5RHV
Plus Code: 9C6R5R4F+V7
Entry Name: 2-8, Ulverston Road
Listing Date: 6 May 1976
Last Amended: 20 December 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1282872
English Heritage Legacy ID: 388625
Location: Dalton Town with Newton, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA15
Civil Parish: Dalton Town with Newton
Built-Up Area: Dalton-in-Furness
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Dalton-in-Furness St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 14/04/2016
BARROW IN FURNESS
Dalton In Furness
ULVERSTON ROAD, (South side)
(Formerly Listed as: ULVERSTON ROAD, Dalton (South side) Nos.2-14 (Even))
Row of 4 houses incorporating 1 shop. Early-mid C19. Scored stucco with graduated slate roofs. 2 storeys; each house has single window to 1st floor. Nos 2-6 are earlier and have doorways on right and plain sashes with projecting sills except No.2 which has enlarged ground-floor window and No.6 which has c1900, full-width shop front with integral door recess under fascia and cornice. No.8 is taller and has door with overlight on right of sash with glazing bars to each floor. Ridge stacks on the party walls. The row adjoins Nos 16 and 16A Tudor Square (qv). At least part of the site is shown vacant on Merryweather's plan of Dalton surveyed 1825 (Barnes).
(Barnes F: Barrow and District: Barrow in Furness: 1968: 72).
Listing NGR: SD2324674130
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings