History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Attached Outbuildings to Number 15 baldwin House

A Grade II Listed Building in Dalton-in-Furness, Cumbria

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1559 / 54°9'21"N

Longitude: -3.1863 / 3°11'10"W

OS Eastings: 322628

OS Northings: 473994

OS Grid: SD226739

Mapcode National: GBR 6N5C.ZZ

Mapcode Global: WH72B.1S0W

Entry Name: Attached Outbuildings to Number 15 baldwin House

Listing Date: 6 May 1976

Last Amended: 20 December 1993

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1283030

English Heritage Legacy ID: 388505

Location: Dalton Town with Newton, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA15

County: Cumbria

District: Barrow-in-Furness

Civil Parish: Dalton Town with Newton

Built-Up Area: Dalton-in-Furness

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria

Church of England Parish: Dalton-in-Furness St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Carlisle

Find accommodation in
Dalton in Furness

Listing Text


BARROW IN FURNESS

SD2273 MARKET PLACE, Dalton In Furness
708-1/11/176 (North side)
06/05/76 Nos.13, 14 AND 15
Baldwin House (13) and attached
outbuildings to No.15
(Formerly Listed as:
MARKET PLACE, Dalton
Nos.13-17 (Consecutive))

GV II

Row of 3 houses built as 1 property. Early C19. Cement
rendered, graduated slate roof. 2 storeys, 2:2:3 windows to
1st floor; extended rear wing to No.15 on right. Original
doorway to No.14 has 4-panelled door and overlight in
architrave beneath cornice on consoles. 2 tripartite windows
to No.13 on left and another to No.14 on right; the window
surrounds with sill blocks, pilasters, paterae and cornices;
various unequally-hung sashes with glazing bars. 1st floor:
16-pane sashes to No.13 and 6-pane sashes to No.14; all with
projecting sills and thin surrounds. No.15 has been altered:
present doorway with corniced surround in position of former
carriage archway (only seen from rear); C20 casements with
projecting sills and raised surrounds. The range has ogee
cast-iron gutter on blocks; rendered end stacks and 3 ridge
stacks, 2 of which flank the former carriageway. Rear: wing to
No.15 ends as a 1-storey outbuilding (in separate ownership)
with side door flanked by large casements; the end gable with
external stack between ashlar oculi. INTERIOR: No.14 has
original staircase and stair hall features including blocked
arch through to No.13. No.13 has limestone fireplace with
acanthus consoles; 2 mahogany 6-panel doors, 1 in architrave
with rosettes, the other within basket arch; panelled window
shutters.


Listing NGR: SD2262873994

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.