This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.1973 / 52°11'50"N
Longitude: 1.3128 / 1°18'46"E
OS Eastings: 626498
OS Northings: 260626
OS Grid: TM264606
Mapcode National: GBR WP0.8Q1
Mapcode Global: VHLB9.P1XC
Plus Code: 9F4358W7+W4
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 7 December 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1283194
English Heritage Legacy ID: 285904
Location: Kettleburgh, East Suffolk, Suffolk, IP13
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Kettleburgh
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Kettleburgh St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TM 26 SE KETTLEBURGH CHURCH ROAD
3/132 Church of
7.12.66 St. Andrew
Parish church. Medieval, restored 1890. Nave, chancel, west
tower, south porch. Random flint rubble, the nave and chancel
plastered, knapped flint tower; stone dressings; plaintiled roof.
Late C14 tower: 3-stage diagonal buttresses to west face,
crenellated parapet; flushwork to plinth and buttresses; 3-light
west window, 2-light bell chamber openings. Nave with various 2-
light late C14 or C15 windows, including some at clerestory
level, all irregularly spaced; north east nave has blocked arch
which gave access to a former chapel; to the left of the arch is
a trefoil -headed piscina. Blocked north nave doorway. Simple
porch of knapped flint with some flushwork to the base. Chancel
probably C15: to the south one broad lancet window in brick, one
renewed 2-light window and Priest's doorway, to the north one 2-
light square headed window; renewed 3-light east window in
Perpendicular style. Original north and south doors to nave.
C19 6-bay nave roof with arch-braced collars; embattled
wallplate and carved cornice, probably re-used from original
roof. C15 4-bay chancel roof with moulded and crenellated
wallplate. C15 octagonal font with carved bowl, early C18 cover.
Pulpit incorporates early C17 panelling; rood screen with some
early C17 panels in dado, the remainder a late C19
reconstruction. 4 C15 poppyhead benches in chancel; C17 altar
rails. Royal Arms of Anne below tower arch, with 2 good painted
Commandment boards of the same period at east end of chancel.
Effigy brass (incomplete) to Arthur Pennyng (1593) and his 2
wives in north east chancel. Graded I for medieval fabric and
Listing NGR: TM2649860626
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings