This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1829 / 51°10'58"N
Longitude: -2.1048 / 2°6'17"W
OS Eastings: 392774
OS Northings: 142637
OS Grid: ST927426
Mapcode National: GBR 2WT.NPX
Mapcode Global: VH97Q.GJNJ
Entry Name: Stables to North East of Hospital of St John
Listing Date: 11 September 1968
Last Amended: 1 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1284053
English Heritage Legacy ID: 313277
Location: Heytesbury, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Heytesbury
Built-Up Area: Heytesbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Heytesbury with Tytherington and Knook St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
HEYTESBURY HIGH STREET
ST 92 SW
9/56 Stables to north-east of
Hospital of St. John
11.9.68 (formerly listed as Stables
N of Hospital St John)
Stables, now almshouse chapel and accommodation. Late C18.
English garden wall bond brick, tiled hipped roof. Two storey, 3-
windowed; sashes. Central bay breaks forward with glazed door in
'Tudor'-arched surround with C20 flat wooden hood on brackets,
either side are two C20 fixed windows. First floor has stone plat
band, three 9-pane sashes in beaded stone architraves, pediment
over centre has lozenge sundial. Chamfered rusticated quoins.
Right return has two C20 fixed windows to ground floor and one to
first floor. Rear has rendered outshut to left with C20 door and
window, to right are C20 casements.
Interior not inspected, but altered 1962.
Listing NGR: ST9277442637
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings