This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 49.9155 / 49°54'55"N
Longitude: -6.3181 / 6°19'5"W
OS Eastings: 90132
OS Northings: 10644
OS Grid: SV901106
Mapcode National: GBR BXSX.2V3
Mapcode Global: VGYC4.FDR3
Entry Name: 3, Garrison Hill
Listing Date: 6 April 1959
Last Amended: 14 December 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1291851
English Heritage Legacy ID: 62494
Location: St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly, TR21
County: Isles of Scilly
Civil Parish: St. Mary's
Built-Up Area: Hugh town
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Isles of Scilly
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SV9010 GARRISON HILL, Hugh Town
1358-0/8/54 (East side)
(Formerly Listed as:
GARRISON HILL, Hugh Town
House 35 yards south east of
House. Late C18. Coursed granite rubble with squared dressings
and large quoins; half-hipped scanted slate roof; granite end
stacks finished in brick. 2-room plan with central staircase.
Two storeys with attics; symmetrical 3-window range. Granite
lintels over central plank door and two ground-floor and 3
first-floor 8/8-pane horned sashes. Hipped dormers with slate
cheeks and 4-pane sashes. Interior: ovolo-moulded joists.
Shown on 1829 "Plan of the Garrison" by A. Hillman.
Listing NGR: SV9012310644
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings