This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 49.9156 / 49°54'56"N
Longitude: -6.3176 / 6°19'3"W
OS Eastings: 90162
OS Northings: 10651
OS Grid: SV901106
Mapcode National: GBR BXSX.30V
Mapcode Global: VGYC4.FDZ1
Entry Name: Dolphin Cottage and House Adjoining to North
Listing Date: 6 April 1959
Last Amended: 14 December 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1328844
English Heritage Legacy ID: 62513
Location: St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly, TR21
County: Isles of Scilly
Civil Parish: St. Mary's
Built-Up Area: Hugh town
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Isles of Scilly
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SV9010 THE BANK, Hugh Town
1358-0/8/73 (South side)
06/04/59 Dolphin Cottage and House adjoining
(Formerly Listed as:
THE BANK, Hugh Town
Dolphin Cottage and House adjoining
Dolphin Cottage on North)
Two dwellings. C18 and C19. Whitewashed granite rubble with
machined and scantled slate roofs; stone ridge stacks. T-plan.
2 storeys.Dolphin Cottage, of 2-window range, has horned
6-pane sashes and C20 half-glazed
door; half-hipped roof to left and large stack to right
service extension to east of adjoining house which is of
with 1980s plastic casements and door. Interior not inspected.
Shown on the 1829 "Plan of the Garrison" by A. Hillman (in
Duchy of Cornwall office).
Listing NGR: SV9016210651
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings